Construction Scheduler (Transit)
San Francisco Bay Area
WILLING TO ACCEPT FULLY
REMOTE EMPLOYEES FOR POSITION?
CPM is searching for a construction scheduler with strong communication skills to build relationships and rapport while integrating project delivery schedules across broad stakeholder groups.
The scheduler will be responsible for maintaining project schedules and assisting the project manager by updating and monitoring each project’s P6 schedule, highlighting delays, providing visibility of upcoming milestones, and guidance for schedule management strategy. The scheduler will update the schedule(s) from the project managers as assigned.
- Develop, report, and manage data for portfolio of assigned projects
- Communicate schedule status on a regular basis via formal and informal meetings and reports
- Analyze construction schedules and recommend workarounds and schedule improvement ideas
- Advise project manager of change orders with schedule impact
- Maintain critical path analysis and reporting deviations against the master schedule
- Validate contractors’ project schedule accuracy
- Act as liaison with contractors’ scheduling resources
- Actively participate in identifying scheduling process improvements
Paid time off, medical (including vision and dental) insurance, 401k, life insurance, pre-tax commuter benefit
SKILLS AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written, and reporting writing methods
- Experience with Primavera P6 and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experienced in monthly reporting and Earned Value Management
- Previous experience in managing integrated schedules and master schedules
- Strong knowledge of local standards and client project management methodology
- Role is in-person and will report to the office daily
- Adherence to Covid-19 vaccination policy required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree is required
- 10 years of relevant experience required
- Public works or transportation experience is ideal
HIRING COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
Founded in 1993, CPM provides capital program management, project management, cost controls, and construction management services for infrastructure, transportation, transit, building, and aviation projects at public agencies throughout California.
For the past 29 years, we have fostered the growth of the company by performing exceptional work on the most exciting projects. We concentrate this effort by providing training, support, and flexibility to each of our team members.
We are headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose and Oakland, and employ highly proficient team members consisting of professionally registered engineers; construction inspectors with industry certifications such as ICC, OSHPD, NICET; project managers; and other construction professionals.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 10 years