This project, which received an AIA for historic preservation, aimed to preserve and restore this historical SF War Memorial Veterans Building to comply with the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties and in accordance with current building codes.
The following key components comprisedthe project’s scope of work:
- Seismic Upgrade and Earthquake Damage Repair
- Facility Preservation & Modernization Improvements
- Accessibility improvements including path of travel (ADA compliance).
- Hazardous materials abatement.
- Tenant improvements – Basement, First, Second and Third Floors. (Fourth floor tenant improvements by SF Opera)
CPM provided CM support services on this project. Our services included scheduling, inspection, and field engineering (MEP).